As technology marches forward, things that once cost boatloads of money or that were only used by businesses, find their way into the mainstream consumer arena for a mere pittance. One of those items is IP cameras. In this Tech Tip, we are going to take a quick look at IP camera features as well as take a look at some of the cool things that can be done with IP cameras.
A quick look at features
- Using it as a night time “baby cam”
- Using it as a “nanny cam” (though this aspect is can be somewhat controversial)
- Using during a home remodel
- Using it to keep an eye on the backyard pool
- Using it to keeping an eye on your pets.
- Some people set them up as “vantage point cameras” (for weather; traffic or even as a surf cam). Because IP cameras tend to use better electronics than webcams, they are ideal for such Functions.