Email from David Hopkins
I just found your web page. I found nothing on the Epson r260 or the Artisan 50. I had never herd of a waste ink tank or external waste ink container until I got this message. -- (Service Required Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life see printer documentation) also notice that all the red lights keep blinking/flashing, the printer is locked too. I find a lot of people wanting to sell me Waste ink containers from 7.50 to 22.50. Resets for the counter from 9.99 to 15.00 dollars for a one time shot. I’ve done a lot of reading and found your web site.How to Reset Counter Protection
I hope you can help or point me in the right direction.
Please follow the steps below to reset the protection counter effectively. Download the resetter here or Here
- Double click AdjProg.exe.
- Click “Go on” button.
- Select your printer model then click "OK"
- Select on “Waste ink pad counter” and click “OK” button.
- Click on “Initialization” button and the program will reset the protection counter.
- Turn off the printer as a program instructed then turn on again.
- Click “Finish” button. and its done!
What you need: Empty Small plastic bottle and a hose (I use aquarium hose)
The following pictures show you how to install R260/R265/R380/RX580 waste ink container