Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool does not have a function allowing to update its antivirus database. The only way to update its database is to download it again from Kaspersky Lab servers and install it. Take note that it is also necessary to uninstall older version of Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010 before installing a newer one. After successful disinfection of a computer, it is recommended to uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool and install a fully-functional antivirus application.
- Simplified interface.
- Can be installed to an infected computer (Safe Mode supported).
- Composite scan and disinfection system: signature detection and heuristic analyzer.
- Gathering system information and interactive creation of scripts for disinfection.
- Automatic and manual removal of virus, Trojans and worms.
- Automatic and manual removal of Spyware and Adware modules.
- Automatic and manual removal of all types of rootkits.
The only function of the tool is scan-on-demand. It cannot work in real-time mode.
Caution: Your computer may crash to BSOD, hang, etc. in the result of simultaneous execution of more than one version of Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010.
Latest Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool