Canon PIXMA iP2770 are classified into photo printers. This printer is very suitable for use at home. Results in getting the equivalent of lab quality photos. The speed of this printer quickly spelled out that is about 7 ipm for mono and the 4.8 ipm for color and for 4R-sized photo takes 55 seconds. Resolution of Canon PIXMA iP2770 printer at 4800 x 1200dpi (max). Still uses USB 2.0 connectivity and the type cartridge using PG-810, CL-811 (PG-810XL, CL811XL Optional). For this printer weight of 3.4 kg with dimensions of 445 X 250 X 130mm.
If a lights blink on the POWER and RESUME button alternately and it will show an error 5B00. It means that your ink absorber inside the printer is almost full. In order to solve this you need to clear or reset the counter protection of your printer. To do this, follow this steps.
First make sure that the power cable and usb cable are connected, before you perform the reset procedure. And download the resetter at the bottom of this post.
FIRST STEPS: Entering Service Mode
You have to enter in service mode in order to used the resetter. To do that follow this procedure,
1. Turn off the printer without pulling the power cords.
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Then Press Resume button 5 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. You will notice that the Alternate Blinking error is gone, this means that the printer is in Service Mode state.
SECOND STEPS: Using the Resetter
1. After you download the resetter, extract it and double click "iP2770.exe"
2. Click Reload Button and you will get a new USB port.
3. Load some papers in your printer and press the "Main" Button, wait until it shows "error 001" then press OK.
4. Then press "EEPROM" button and the printer will print some text, after that click OK
5. Then power off the printer(sometimes you have to press twice the power button to turn off) and turn on again. and its done!
Warning: Getting rid of the error message won’t change that you might end up with ink leaking out of the printer if you don’t either replace or clean the ink wastepad.
Please leave a comment, if its working