As we know Docx is a new default file saving format being introduced in Word 2007 having reduced overall file size. But, sometimes we don’t want the file to be saved under docx format due to many people are still using Office 2000/2003/XP, that make the new file format not fully compatible with existing word versions. Microsoft Office allow users to change the file saving format each tie they save their document. But it is sheer a waste o time changing the file format from docx to doc each and every time when you want to save a file, So permanently change the default file saving format from docx to doc.
Here user will find the solution of queries like:
- How to convert Docx to Doc?
- How to change the File saving format in Word 2007?
- Click Office button, as located on the left top in word 2007
- On the drop down menu, click Word Options button as located at bottom:
- For the pop up Word Options window, click Save as shown on left panel.
- Under Save documents section, click on the drop down of “Save files in this format”, then choose “Word97-2003 Document (*.doc)”.